A genuinely genuine blog with personality, pith, and pizzaz.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Some Gems from Institute



Here are a couple of quotes that were part of my institute class tonight. This class has to be the best religion/extracurricular class I've ever taken. The things I have learned and the difference this institute class has made at this time in my life is incaclulable. Thank you Brother Tippets!


We were talking about physical health and taking time for solitude and meditation:
"Be careful to preserve your health. It is a trick of the devil, which he employs to deceive good souls, to make them to do more than they are able in order that they may no longer be able to do anything." (Father Tim's Favorite Quotes, Jan Karon)


"Choose to emphasize those matters that have eternal consequence." I can't remember who this was by but Bro. Tippets was talking about how easy it is to get caught up in doing good things but not the most important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment